Choosing the perfect marijuana seeds can be a little tricky. It is necessary that you dedicate some of your time conducting online research prior to cultivating marijuana. There is great joy in cultivating and harvesting marijuana plants successfully. If you want to be a successful marijuana cultivator, then it is essential that you consider several factors first. And one of the most important things that you need to look into before planting marijuana is what kind of seeds you are going to use. This article should be able to provide you with easy-to-follow information about marijuana seeds comparison: feminized vs autoflower.
You can find a lot of novice cannabis growers who choose regular marijuana seeds since they are more affordable compared to feminized and autoflowering seeds. Some experts recommend that you start with autoflowering seeds if you are new to marijuana cultivation. However, there are also marijuana experts out there who suggest that you start with feminized marijuana seeds since they are a much better choice. There are indeed a wide variety of cannabis seeds that are available today. However, the most popular ones are those that are called feminized and autoflower cannabis seeds. We will set our focus on distinguishing the differences between feminized and autoflowering marijuana seed. And so, which one is better?’ Autoflower vs feminized?
Starting With Feminized Seeds
What is a feminized seed? To put it simply, feminized seeds meaning are cannabis seeds that are bred specifically to remove male chromosomes. Because of the process, the marijuana cultivator does not need to worry about getting male plants in the crop. By planting feminized seeds, you can be assured that every cannabis plant that you have in your crop are going to be female. Feminized marijuana seeds are for those growers who want to have simple and fast cultivation. These seeds help you get past the process of eliminating males from your crop. Knowing the differences between male and female cannabis plants can be very complicated for some people. Fortunately, you can purchase and cultivate feminized marijuana seeds.
Compare to regular seeds, feminized marijuana seeds is easier to grow since you only have to germinate as many cannabis plants as you need. There is no need for you to worry about identifying genders and germinating extra and unnecessary male seeds. It is important to note that cannabis plants are not strictly male or female. It is natural for the plant to produce flowers of either sex, but all of these depend on certain conditions. Several environmental factors are at play when it comes to causing the plant to bloom flowers of both sexes simultaneously.
Under certain factors and circumstances, a female cannabis plant will be able to produce a male flower in order for it to pollinate their own female pistil flowers. This is a great survival trait and response by cannabis plants. Because of this, the female plant no longer needs the male in order to produce seeds. If you search on the Internet, you will also discover that even male cannabis plants can produce pistils on their own – this is considered as rare instance though.
Feminized seeds or also known as “female seeds” produce only female plants and these female plants produce abundant amounts of THC and CBD compared to male plants. This type of cannabis seed offers many benefits and advantages to growers. No wonder why many highly-experienced marijuana growers are choosing feminized seeds over any other types of seeds. Here are some of the reasons as to why many marijuana growers prefer feminized seeds.
Advantages of Feminized Seeds
- Feminized marijuana seeds are a guarantee since you can be assured that there will be no male plants that will grow in your crop. These seeds can also guarantee you that there will be no hermaphroditic plants in your crop. But of course, you have to make sure that you are buying feminized marijuana seeds only from reliable and reputable seeds banks.
- These seeds are easier to grow and there is less work required. If properly grown, feminized marijuana seeds will be able to produce large amounts of buds. According to research, feminized marijuana seeds can bring almost 100% guarantee that each of your plants will be able to produce large and abundant buds. By not having to check all your plants for male pollen forming structures or Staminate Primordia, you will be able to save a lot of time, work, and risk. With feminized marijuana seeds, you will also be able to avoid over-pruning and high-stress training. Using these kinds of seeds, you can now easily alternate home grows on 2 to 3 months cycle.
- You will be able to clone and breed with more control using feminized marijuana seeds. There is more freedom in making clones if you grow feminized marijuana plants. Instead of relying on what will grow out from the crop, you will have better control of breeding the plant if you use feminized seeds.
- Feminized marijuana seeds also have better genetics. This is because most feminized seeds that are sold in the market or in seed banks have had their genetics extensively controlled by the breeders. Once can expect topnotch aromas, cannabinoids, and flavors from female cannabis plants.
But What About Autoflowering Seeds?
You can also find multitudes of marijuana growers who are shifting from feminized marijuana seeds to autoflowering seeds. This is because autoflowering seeds provide numerous benefits and advantages. These seeds produce quality plants that are generally small. Because of this, many growers prefer growing autoflowering marijuana seeds out there. If feminized marijuana seeds are convenient to grow, autoflowering seeds are more straightforward. This is because there is no need for you to worry about daylight hours and change in season.
Autfolowering marijuana seeds produce autoflowering plants that are quite unique and different. With these kinds of plants, you can expect the flowering stage to occur even if the plant received 24 hours full of light. You can also expect an earlier harvest from autoflowering plants since it only takes 10 weeks from planting to harvest. If you want a quick harvest, then autoflowering plants are the right one for you. By doing your online research carefully, you will discover that there are also feminized autoflowering marijuana seeds out there, which provides dual benefits: quick harvest and no need for identifying the gender of the plants.
When we say autoflowering marijuana seeds, it basically refers to any seeds that are produced naturally by marijuana plants through normal germination. What is interesting about autoflowering seeds is that they produce plants or crops that will change to flowering stage automatically without needing to check the light cycle and eliminating male plants. For growers who don’t want to adjust the light cycle from time to time, autoflowering marijuana seeds are always the best option. Indeed there are a lot of advantages which you will definitely enjoy if you choose to cultivate autoflowering plants.
Advantages of Autoflowering Seeds
- Autoflowering seeds start to flower automatically in a shorter period of time – about 3 weeks and at the same time has larger yields.
- You will be able to enjoy a quick harvest since it only takes about 9 to 10 weeks from seed to harvest. And because of this, you will be able to produce more crops within a year or season.
- Since autoflowering seeds are generally small, it requires less maintenance. Because these seeds are able to produce low height plants, it then requires less maintenance. Even if you have limited space, you can still grow autoflowering plants because of their height. Also, the smaller your marijuana plants are the more you will be able to attract attention.
- Autoflowering seeds are not only able to produce extremely fast cannabis plants, but they are also more resilient compared to any other cannabis seeds. With these kinds of seeds, there is no need for you to get stressed out with pests, molds, and frosts.
Feminized Seeds vs. Autoflowering Seeds
Feminized seeds meaning. As promised, we will be tackling marijuana seeds comparisons: feminized vs autoflower seeds – which one is the best? If you are a newbie, then it is recommended that you go with autoflowering seeds since cultivating them eliminates almost all of the complicated process of cultivating marijuana. Autoflowering plants require lesser maintenance and they are more forgiving than feminized seeds. If you also want to have multiple harvests in a year, then it is suggested that you go with autoflowering plants.
However, if you have great levels of THC and CBD, then you need to choose feminized seeds. Feminized seeds produce plants that have richer aroma, flavor, and cannabinoids compared to autoflowering plants. Autolfowering plants contain high CBD content which is perfect for medical use, however, it fell short in THC which provides you great relaxation, awesome high, and great euphoric feeling. If you want milder marijuana effects, then choose autoflowering strains, but if you want stronger and more potent high, then it is advisable that you plant feminized seeds. And so, it is really up to you which one you are going to cultivate, what matters most is that you are able to enjoy what you are doing. Don’t be afraid to try out both feminized and autoflowering seeds. So this is the difference of autoflower vs feminized seeds.