Oregon was the very first state to pass the law that legalized the use of adult-use marijuana or recreational marijuana in 2015. Which means they’re allowed to use recreational cannabis. But, are they allowed to plant marijuana seeds Oregon? In this article, we will talk about the Oregon recreational cannabis law, are there any Oregon seed banks? Where to buy marijuana seeds in Oregon?
Is it legal to buy marijuana seeds in Oregon?
It is legal to buy marijuana seeds Oregon whether you are searching to grow your own cannabis for recreational or medical purposes. In 2015, the state of Oregon was the first state to pass the law that allows the use of recreational cannabis. You are legally allowed to grow your own marijuana plants, if you register in the states to the use of cannabis for medical reasons, like treating chronic pain, AIDS, HIV, and symptoms of cancer.
Growing cannabis in Oregon
Luckily, planting, purchasing, and using marijuana for both medicinal and recreational purposes is now legal in Oregon. Even though there are some limitations, these must not impact on how Oregon cannabis seeds are cultivated, as long as you follow the rules. You’re allowed to grow marijuana plants for around 48 plants in rural and around 12 plants in an urban environment if you are a registered medical cannabis user.
What are you not allowed to do?
There are several things that you may be allowed to do if you grow marijuana and this could be based on what you want to do with the marijuana plants you grow. Registered medical marijuana users are allowed to buy marijuana seeds Oregon to only 50 seeds a day, and grow around 12 marijuana plants in their private property or houses or varying on where you are located. Although, people who plan to grow for personal use, recreational purposes would be restricted in purchasing 10 marijuana seeds every day, and would only be allowed to grow 4 marijuana plants on their own private property.
Limits of possession for marijuana in Oregon
You are legally allowed to have around 6 mature marijuana plants and 12 immature marijuana plants at a time if you are a medical marijuana patient in Oregon. And also, you can possess the following amounts of marijuana:
- 50 marijuana seeds
- 24 ounces of usable marijuana
- 4 immature marijuana plants
- 16 oz of medical cannabinoids in solid form
- 5 grams of cannabinoid extracts
- 72 fluid oz of medical cannabinoids in liquid form
- 16 oz of concentrate
Getting Medical Marijuana Card in Oregon
The following serves as a guide on how to register for medical marijuana seeds Portland Oregon card, based on the Oregon Department of Healths’ Medical Marijuana Program.
- The patient needs to have documentation or a record from their physician explaining the diagnosis of their qualified condition.
- Patients are needed to acquire a signed Physician Statement from a Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) officially licensed professional medicine in Oregon under the Oregon Revised Statute Chapter 677 or with whom the patient has developed a bonafide doctor or patient relationship.
- The patient has to be a resident of Oregon with proof of residency. And if ever you don’t have any Oregon I.D and out the state I.D, photo I.D or passport showing proof of residency like a utility bill, bank statement, and more valid ID from Oregon is acceptable.
- The patient has to be diagnosed by a licensed doctor as having one of the qualifying conditions that’s particularly identified in the law.
- If certified, the patient must finish or complete the OMMP Application Form and then register with the OMMP Patient Registry, to be protected under the Cannabis seeds Portland Oregon law.
- The guardian or parents of the patients under 18 years old, must finish or complete the OMMP Declaration of Person Responsible for a Minor form and finish Part B of the Application for a caregiver of the user.
- The patient should provide a legible, clear, and valid copy of the US State or Federal issued photographic I.D card that involves the date of birth, last name, and first name. If the expiration or information date isn’t on the front of the I.D, copy the back of the card proving that it is the current.
- All the patients are required to register to the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program Patient Registry as it is mandatory to ensure the protection under Oregon’s medical marijuana law.
Benefits of a Medical Marijuana Card in Oregon
There is a massive migration of medical marijuana growers and patients after the legalization of adult-use of marijuana. Most patients started asking whether it is worth paying for the high application fee, many marijuana patients left the program regardless leaving behind the perks of not being able to pay for the tax for sales every time they purchase. Recreational marijuana users must pay for around 20% of retail tax on their marijuana purchases. There’s a lot of reasons why many want a medical marijuana card. Those to need high purchasing or heavy users and possession restrictions could benefit from their marijuana medical card. Marijuana users who are living in apartments and can’t grow their own marijuana can also take advantage of medical marijuana cards. You can also buy a lot of marijuana at a licensed medical dispensary than a recreational marijuana user can at an adult-use marijuana shop. Additionally, you can grow a lot of marijuana plants than recreational users with a medical marijuana card.
Qualifying Conditions for Marijuana in Oregon
Under Oregon marijuana seeds laws, patients with a qualified condition can use, buy, and grow medical cannabis if they have medical marijuana advised by their licensed physician. Below are the following qualified conditions for the use of marijuana:
- Treatment or medical condition that causes one of the following symptoms:
- Persistent muscle spasms
- Weight loss
- Severe nausea
- Severe pain
- Pervasive neurological disorders or Degenerative
Where can I get cannabis seeds in Oregon?
The thrifty, the enterprising, and the green-thumbed start to ask what it would take to grow their own marijuana plant, as soon as Oregon recreational cannabis is legal. Unavoidably, they concluded that buying cannabis seeds in Oregon is important. Of course, they are also thinking about where to buy cannabis seeds in Portland Oregon, looking for marijuana Oregon seed company, those that would make all their efforts worthy. There are many Oregon seed banks and seed banks that ship to Oregon like Marijuana Seeds USA and Crop King Seed, this is where you can get the best and high-quality seed that guarantees your money won’t go to waste.